1/3 Photos of Orange-Cranberry Scones
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2004 cookbook, The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat, that I received from my partner in my 1st cookbook swap here on Zaar! Great served with either a cranberry butter or an orange butter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, & grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder & orange zest.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then stir in Mandarin oranges & cranberries.
- 4In another bowl, mix sour cream, egg, orange juice & vanilla, beating until smooth.
- 5Stir this sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until well mixed.
- 6Spread batter into prepared pan & sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 7Bake 28-32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean & scone is lightly browned.
- 8Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan & cut into wedges.
- 9Best served warm, but any leftovers should be refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Cranberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g