Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wish I could credit the original source, but I don't actually know where this came from. Yummy and not too sweet.
For the Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
For the Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
For the Orange Butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Combine flour, 7 teaspoons sugar, orange peel, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle.
- Cut into 10 wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones.
- Delicious with orange butter (combine additional ingredients and serve alongside).