Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The idea for this recipes comes for Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, WI. Her recipe was printed in May/June 2007 TOH--Simple and Delicious. I changed from lemon to orange, used cranberries and pecans and reduced the amount of glaze. So easy and so delicious.
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- 59.14 ml dried cranberries
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest
- 340.19 g can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 59.14-78.07 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a 9-inch round cake pan with a non-stick baking cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the sugar, pecans, cranberries, butter and orange zest.
- Open the biscuits, separate and cut into fourths.
- Toss the biscuits with the sugar mixture and pour into prepared pan; place in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn out on a dinner plate and immediately drizzle with glaze.
- Serve warm.
Excellent! Big hit at my house. The only thing i might change would be to chop up the cranberries to disperse them more evenly throughout. Definitely a keeper!
Made for ZWT4...WOW!!! We loved this. I made it for a test run this morning. My daughter wants me to make it for breakfast tuesday morning after her birthday sleepover. She wants me to make changes though. She wants peaches and pineapple instead of the craisins and pecans. Then use peach juice in the glaze. Also use splenda for the sugar. I will let you know how it turns out.
Really amazing flavor for such a simple prep !! Made for Recipe Swap #14. I am NOT the earlier riser, so fixed this for dessert, after light "supper" of omelets and bacon. Planned to reheat for tomorrow's breakfast, but 2 of us really chowed down on this tasty treat ! My daughters and their families spend the weekend on occasion, and this will be perfect for their breakfast - and know they will all enjoy it. Thanks, Paula, for posting such a surprising morning meal.