Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great cake. I got the recipe from a friend's grandmother. This was her annual offering for our Ornament Swap at Christmas and finally, after YEARS of begging, she gave us all the recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oranges, zest of, grated
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 inch bundt pan.
- In mixing bowl, using mixer on medium speed, cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and orange zest, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cloves, and salt) in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Beat on low speed until smooth.
- DO NOT over beat.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into the nonstick prepared Bundt cake pan (I do spray mine lightly with PAM to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
This is a great cake Sherrybeth. It came out high, light, fluffy and so moist. I had to bake it at 350 for 1 hour and then 325 for 15 minutes. Thank you for the recipe.