Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from the 1986 Southern Living Cookbook
- 6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups orange sections, including juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Trim fat from pork chops; brown in shortening in a large skillet. Drain, if necessary. Add water and salt; cover and cook over medium heat 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, orange peel, oranges, and cranberries. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.