Recipe by ranch-girl
Orange and cranberry are paired with white chocolate chips to make an irresistible cookie! This recipe is based on the 'zaar recipe entitled "Orange Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies", using cranberries instead of raisins and having less fat and sugar than the original recipe.
Top Review by mliss29
These are really good! But I did have to cook them 10-11 minutes and at that, they were just browned a little. Very nice flavors. Oh! I did use orange juice concentrate instead of the triple sec. Thanks for the tip ranch-girl, and the great cookies! Reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14.
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (make sure they are real ones, made from cocoa butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberries and liqueur and soak for several hours or overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Mix flour, almond meal, and baking soda separately, and then beat into main mixture.
- Stir oats, white choc. chips, and cranberries with soaking liquid into mixture.
- Drop approximately a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 9 minutes. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let cool for a minute on cookie sheet before carefully removing to paper towels to finish cooling.