Recipe by Babs7
this "bread" is more like a cakey loaf. It is great as a Brunch pastry, or served with tea/coffee in the afternoon.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
A big hit and easy to make! The only thing I did differently was to leave the cranberries whole and I did not toast the pecans. The flavor was wonderful and bright! I will definitely be making this bread again.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F, butter and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine ONE and stir together.
- Rub orange zest into sugar until aromatic, then add the rest of TWO.
- Stir ONE into TWO.
- Gently stir in THREE, do not overmix.
- Pour into pan, bake 20 mins, reduce heat to 350F, bake 30-45 mins, until toothpick comes out clean.