Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low fat, high fiber, healthy muffins!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 2 oranges, juice of, with
- water, added to equal 1 1/2 cups juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups rogers whole wheat bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats or 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 oranges, rind of (approx 2 tbsp)
- 3 cups unsweetened frozen cranberries
- Mix apples sauce, splenda, egg, baking powder, baking soda and orange juice/water mixture together.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, rind and cranberries.
- Stir Flour mixture into liquid mixture just to moistenen. Don't over mix.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups filling cups to top or just over (sprayed with Pam) and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown on top and tooth pick comes out clean.
- Makes 12 large muffins (approx 4 oz ea!).