Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegan. Dairy-free, egg-free.
- 2⁄3 cup craisins, chopped coarsely
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute, powder
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the cranberries in a bowl and pour a little hot water over them. Stir and set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the cranberries to plump up.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flours, flax seeds, sugar, egg replacer, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, stir together orange juice, rice milk, oil, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Strain the liquid from the cranberries into the liquid ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add liquid. Stir just to until all flour is moistened;don't over-stir. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin pan to a wire rack. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before carefully removing muffins from cups. Makes about 14-16 regular-sized muffins.