Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Add the zest and extracts and mix well.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the oats, then add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries and pecans (if desired).
- Drop by teaspoonsful two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheets for four minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Store in a airtight container or freeze.