Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Use on salads with a dash of salt and pepper or Mrs. Dash and you are good to go. Please make sure you use proper canning procedures. Again the nutrition at the side includes what you are going to pour off so it is not correct.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sterilze a 1 qt glass jar. Use a new lid.
- Carefully wash the Orange and with knife of zesting tool remove the zest into a long sprial.
- Place zest and seeds in still warm prepared jar.
- Heat vinegar to just below boiling. About 195°F Pour over berries using a funnel. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Wipe lip of jar with clean damp paper towel and seal according to manufacturer instructions. Store in a cool dark place for 3 weeks.
- To check flavor pour a drop of vinegar on a wooden spoon or a piece of white bread.
- When it is right strain the vinegar through a cheesecloth into pitcher or measuring cup.
- Discard the zest and seeds.
- Prepare a sterile 1 pt glass bottle or jar and a cork or lid. Pour into the still warm container and wipe lid again with clean paper towel. cork and seal.
- This will last up to 3 months if you keep in a cool dark place.
- Once open refrigerate.