Recipe by auntchelle
Never drink bought cordial again! A great way to use up excess oranges. I found I could mix in a similar ratio as that used for bought cordial however the colour will be a lot paler. This should yield about 850mLs of cordial. Cooling time not included.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This is a great recipe. I originally forgot to zest my oranges so put some lemon zest in instead so mine was an orange lemon cordial. Fantastic as there are no unnatural preservatives or colours added like store bought. Thanks for posting, will make this again!
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the peel from the oranges. Peel thin enough that you don't get any of the white pith.
- Place in a large saucepan together with the sugar and water. Heat until boiling. Reduce heat to create a fast simmer. Cook at this rate for 10 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, juice the 3 oranges (about 200mls).
- After 10 minutes simmering, remove from heat. Add the juice and citric acid; stir well.
- Leave to cool (about 2 hours).
- Strain and bottle.
- To serve mix a ratio of 1:5 cordial to water (ie 40ml cordial to 200mls water).