Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are sun-shiny good! A co-worker gave me this recipe to try. She found it on the web some time ago and passed it on to me....and now to you!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or out of the carton)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs,and mix in well.
- Add orange juice/peel.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Mix frosting ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled cookies.
These cookies are light and tasty and not to sweet....
I made these the taste was great I even added extra OJ and the texture was great
This recipe is almost identical to my Grandmother's with the exception that she did not have baking powder in her's. Instead she had 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. This was always her most requested cookie. Give that a try maybe it will work out better for you.