- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or out of the carton)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (not margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs,and mix in well.
- Add orange juice/peel.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Mix frosting ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled cookies.