Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1981)
Make and share this Orange Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Stir in eggs, juice from orange and grated rind from orange.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda to combine.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on rack while making icing.
- To make icing blend the remaining ingredients together (powdered sugar - orange peel) until smooth and then swirl icing over cookies, covering cookies completely.