Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very nice friend gave me this recipe because I am such a fan of the flavor orange. These cookies are wonderful the juice and rind of 2 oranges should equal about 1 cup.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large oranges, juice and rind of
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- Combine flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix Crisco, sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Stir in orange juice and orange rind.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonful on lightly greased sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks and frost with orange frosting.
- To prepare ORANGE FROSTING: Cream all frosting ingredients till smooth. If mixture is too stiff, add a little more orange juice.
- Frost cookies after cookies are cooled.