1/1 Photo of Orange-Coffee Flan
3 hrs 30 mins
From Food Network magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to melt.
- 2Cook, swirling the pan but not stirring, until deep amber, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the orange zest and cook 30 seconds.
- 4Pour into a 9-inch round cake pan tilt to coat.
- 5Let harden, about 10 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Dissolve the espresso powder in 1 T warm water in a large bowl.
- 8Whisk in the eggs.
- 9Add the sweetened condensed mil, half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon and 1/8 t salt whisk until smooth.
- 10Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the cake pan.
- 11Loosely cover the cake pan with foil (do not let the foil touch the custard).
- 12Line a roasting pan with a kitchen towel and set the cake pan on top.
- 13Transfer to the oven and fill the roasting pan with hot water, about halfway up the side of the cake pan.
- 14Bake until the flan is set but still wobbly in the center, 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes.
- 15Remove from the oven and let cool in the water bath, about 1 hour.
- 16Remove from the water, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 8 hours.
- 17Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the flan; let sit 20 minutes.
- 18Invert the flan onto a rimmed plate and unmold, letting the caramel drip out.
- 19Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Coffee Flan
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 229.7 mg
- Sodium 201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 61.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g