1/1 Photo of Orange Coffee Cake
Another Paula Deen recipe that is so easy thanks to the refrigerated biscuits. The glaze makes them extra delicious! I heated the left overs individually in the microwave for a sweet snack later in the day. These would be great for a pot-luck or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 462.94 g can refrigerated biscuits (recommended ( Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 59.14 ml minced walnuts
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 2Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan. Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles. Arrange the pieces around the center biscuit with cut sides facing in the same direction. Brush melted butter over the tops of the biscuits.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, granulated sugar, and orange zest. Mix well and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and orange juice. Blend until smooth adding more orange juice, if needed, to thin. Drizzle glaze over the warm coffee cake and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 737.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g