Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Paula Deen recipe that is so easy thanks to the refrigerated biscuits. The glaze makes them extra delicious! I heated the left overs individually in the microwave for a sweet snack later in the day. These would be great for a pot-luck or brunch.
- 29.58 ml butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 462.94 g can refrigerated biscuits (recommended ( Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 59.14 ml minced walnuts
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml orange juice (or more)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan. Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles. Arrange the pieces around the center biscuit with cut sides facing in the same direction. Brush melted butter over the tops of the biscuits.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, granulated sugar, and orange zest. Mix well and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and orange juice. Blend until smooth adding more orange juice, if needed, to thin. Drizzle glaze over the warm coffee cake and serve.
Thanks for posting it here. Hubby likes this a lot. We have these every other week for breakfast and snack. PS. do not replace the brown sugar with white sugar. The whole topping clogged all together on my 2nd one, and the topping taste like rocks.