Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Horn of the Moon cookbook. When I first saw this recipe, I thought using a whole orange was really strange. Try it! It gives the whole cake an amazing orange flavor! Great for breakfast.
- 1 large orange
- 3⁄4 cup milk (soy works, but be generous)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup golden raisin (don't use the other kind)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a tube pan.
- Squeeze orange and reserve juice.
- Put entire orange into blender along with milk and eggs.
- Blend on high until finely chopped.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and honey.
- Add orange mixture to honey mixture.
- Add flour raisins and nuts. Mix and pour into pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until top springs back.
- Sprinkle reserved juice over hot cake and leave in pan until almost cool.
- Remove from pan and allow to finish cooling. (Yeah, right, like that happens in our house!).