Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The sweetness of coconut with the zip of orange. A beautiful and tasty two-layer bar. From Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- For crust: Combine 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until just golden.
- For filling: Combine eggs, the 3/4 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, orange peel, orange juice, and baking powder in another bowl.
- Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour coconut mixture over baked crust.
- Bake 20 minutes more or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- When completely cook, cut into 2-inch squares, then cut each square in half to make a triangle.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.