1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Patty Mae's Note:
I consider this my signature dessert. Coconut and orange is one of my favorite flavor combinations. When I couldn’t find an orange-coconut cake recipe I modified a chocolate pound cake recipe and came up with this one. It’s always a hit and one of my most requested desserts. NOTE: Be sure (1) that all ingredients are at room temperature, (2) to cream the butter and sugar thoroughly, and (3) to sift the flour before measuring. If you don't follow these rules this cake has a tendency to fall while baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Coco Lopez
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a large tube pan and line the bottom of the pan with greased waxed paper.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the cream of coconut and orange juice.
- 4With an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- 5While still beating, add the sugar a little at a time until all the sugar is incorporated into the mixture.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Alternate adding the flour and liquid, beating after each addition.
- 8At low speed stir in the extracts and orange peel.
- 9Pour batter into the tube pan and bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Make the glaze just before the cake comes out of the oven.
- 11Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 12Cook over low heat until warmed through and butter is melted. Do not boil.
- 13Drizzle over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Coconut Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 235.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: