Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is one I put together this summer to sell through the veggie stand. It disappeared fast.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Cream margarine, shortening, and sugar till light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add extract, zest and juice; combine well.
- Alternately add flour and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Add coconut and beat 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes till test done.
- Cool 15 minutes remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Barb, you definitley have a winner with this one! I used all butter, and used orange concentrate for the juice, the flavor was wonderful! Loved the addition of coconut, very tropical! Very easy to make, and a cake I will make a lot. Thanks!
Hello Barb; Made your cake yesterday, and it was scrumptous, nice and moist. The coconut added a nice touch to the taste. This will be on my priority list in the future. Thanks for the recipe. "Uncle Bill"
My daughter and I made this cake last night, and it is sure to become a family favorite. I used all butter, and instead of 1 cup milk used orange juice. I also used vanilla extract instead of almond. The orange flavor was superb, and the coconut made it sublimely tropic! We noshed on the cake last night, the kids took slices to school, and I'm sure by tonight I'm going to have to make another one. Good one, Barb!