Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is one I put together this summer to sell through the veggie stand. It disappeared fast.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Barb, you definitley have a winner with this one! I used all butter, and used orange concentrate for the juice, the flavor was wonderful! Loved the addition of coconut, very tropical! Very easy to make, and a cake I will make a lot. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Cream margarine, shortening, and sugar till light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add extract, zest and juice; combine well.
- Alternately add flour and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Add coconut and beat 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes till test done.
- Cool 15 minutes remove to wire rack to cool completely.