Recipe by Nurse Rain
These are a combination of fresh orange muffins and my own addition of coconut milk and shredded coconut. The flavors go well together, and they are very moist and yummy. They are also whole wheat.
Top Review by veggielovarr
my substitutes: lite coconut milk for coconut milk, sweetened coconut for unsweetened coconut, stevia for sugar
i LOVE coconut so when they got out of the oven i put a little bit of virgin coconut oil on top for a glaze and sprinkled coconut flakes on that
they weren't very sweet (maybe because the stevia) and you couldn't taste the orange. i know that my whole wheat flour tends to be strong tasting in grain and tends to block other flavors
- 1 medium orange, seeds removed, with peel
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (use OJ if none available)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups or grease.
- Chop orange and place in blender, puree.
- Add in orange juice, coconut milk, egg, and butter.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combing remaining ingredients.
- Fold in blender contents, mix to combine.
- Scoop into muffin tins (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 20 minutes.