Recipe by JeriBinNC
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like it would taste kind of like ambrosia. Yum!
- 1 cup flaked coconut or 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, juices, and zest. Stir until well blended.
- Let stand for a few minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream, When sugar is dissolved in the juice mixture, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread between cake layers and on the top and sides. Refrigerate for an hour to chill and set. Store cake in refrigerator.