Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tuna salad with the freshness of orange and the spark of ginger. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Make and share this Orange Citrus Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups lettuce, torn
- 2 oranges, pared, sliced 1/4-inch
- in a large bowl stir together all dressing ingredients.
- stir in all salad ingredients except lettuce and oranges.
- on platter or individual salad plates place lettuce.
- spoon tuna salad on lettuce; arrange orange slices around tuna salad.
Delicious! I added orange zest, green onions, and served on pumpernickel bread with leaf lettuce. It was one of the best tuna salads I've made recently. My only tiny complaint is the tuna is a bit "wet". Next time I'll add the mayo in smaller amounts. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I made this as a sandwich spread instead of a salad eaten on lettuce! I paired it with a mini crunchy french bread type roll with a slice of swiss cheese! It was a lovely change from my normal mayo and pickle relish tuna salad! I did omit the orange slices since I ate as a sandwhich, but I put the lettuce on the sandwhich :) ! Thanks for posting! [Made for Holiday Tag 2009]