Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a different combination with a great taste. This is so good with a hot cup of coffee. This is a breakfast loaf at my house.
- 1 package Duncan Hines cinnamon swirl muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- quartered orange slice, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- FOR BREAD: combine muffin mix and contents of topping packet from mix in large bowl.
- Break up any lumps.
- Add egg, 2/3 cup orange juice and 1 Tablespoon orange peel.
- Stir until moistened, about 50 strokes.
- Knead swirl packet from mix for 10 seconds before opening.
- Squeeze contents on top of batter.
- Swirl into batter with knife or spatula, folding from bottom of bowl to get an even swirl.
- DO NOT COMPLETELY MIX IN.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Loosen loaf from pan.
- Invert onto cooling rack.
- Turn right side up.
- Cool completely.
- FOR ORANGE GLAZE:place confectioners sugar in small bowl.
- Add orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, stirring until smooth and desired consistency.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon orange peel.
- Drizzle over loaf.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
- TIP: If glaze becomes too thin, add more confectioner sugar.
- If glaze is too thick, add more orange juice.