1/4 Photos of Orange Cinnamon Rolls
2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Posted in response to a request for Orange Cinnamon Rolls, similar to the Pillsbury refrigerated rolls. Recipe is from Betty Crocker's "Breads" cookbook, published in 1974. The first time I try a recipe, I like to write the date beside it. I see that I first made these on May 30, 1977 and my comment was: "VG" ("very good")... (Cooking time includes 2 hrs for letting the dough rise.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in lg mixer bowl.
- 2Add orange peel, orange juice, sugar, salt, egg, butter and 1 1/2 c of the flour.
- 3Beat 30 seconds on low, scraping bowl constantly; increase speed to medium, beat 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 4Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a dough easy to handle.
- 5Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead 5 minutes and dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (dough is ready if an indentation remains when dough is touched).
- 7Punch dough down and, on a lightly floured surface, roll into a rectangle 15x9".
- 8Spread w/ 1 T butter and sprinkle w/ combined 2 T sugar and 1 t cinnamon.
- 9Roll up, beginning at one of the long sides; pinch edge of dough into roll to seal well; stretch to make roll even.
- 10Cut roll into 15 slices about 1" wide.
- 11Place slices slightly apart in a greased oblong baking pan, 13x9x2", or in greased muffin cups.
- 12Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- 13Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven until rolls are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 14If desired, mix together confectioner's sugar, orange juice, orange peel, and vanilla; frost while warm.
- 15Recipe is easily doubled.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 181.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g