- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted natural pistachios
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add rice, juice, peel, cinnamon, cumin, and salt. Stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until broth is absorbed, about 19 minutes.
- Season with pepper; mix in nuts.