Recipe by Bec
You need to start preparing these the night before, so plan ahead! From a Diabetic cookbook. Makes 12 pancakes, 2 per serving. The dietary exchanges are 2 1/2 starch, 2 1/2 fat.
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- nonfat cooking spray
- plain fat-free yogurt (to garnish) (optional)
- orange slice (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and orange juice in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnigh.
- Just before cooking, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into oat mixture. Add eggs, oil, honey and orange peel; stir until just blended.
- Coat large nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- For each pancake, spoon 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear. Turn pancakes; cook until pancakes are lightly browned.
- Garnish with yogurt and orange slices, if desired.