Recipe by Boomette
These French Toast are so yummy. I made it with only 4 slices of bread. From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking cookbook.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I cut this by 1/3 but found that 1 egg wasn't quite enough to cover my 2 pieces bread so my second piece was less eggy and more crispy from the syrup mixture on the bottom of the pan...I have to say I actually liked the 2nd piece better...it had a sweet crunchy coating that was divine..to up the orange flavour based on other reviewers I also added some orange extract. Very much enjoyed this decadent brekky. Thanks for posting!
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, melted (I used 3 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 slices bread
- additional honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan; spread to coat the bottom of pan. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice and salt if desired. Dip bread into egg mixture and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired.