Recipe by ntludu
I made this easy cookie last night with my 3-year old DS and our 3 Year old little neighbor girl and they turned out awesome! They taste so Christmas-y!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange zest (From One Large Orage)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Beat 1 Cup Sugar, Shortening, Egg, Vanilla and Orange Zest.
- Add Orange Juice.
- Stir in Flour, Soda, and Salt.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until delicately browned.
- ADDITIONALLY, I tried this over the weekend using lime juice and zest and rolled them in plain white sugar and they were out-of-this-world!