Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like my cranberry sauce fairly tart and not cooked too long so the cranberries still have their shape to them. Feel free to play with the proportions or the spices (sometimes clove or nutmeg is good too).
- Combine water, sugar, orange juice in a saucepan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the cranberries to the saucepan.
- Bring the cranberries to a boil.
- Add orange liqueur (either Cointreau or Grand Marnier), cinnamon and the zest of one orange.
- Reduce heat and boil GENTLY for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm!
Made a couple of changes, though nothing significant, I thought ~ I substituted cranberry juice for the water, Triple Sec for the liqueur & then cooked it all for not quite 8 minutes, & it made for a wonderfully flavorful cranberry sauce! Something I'd like to make again, for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]