Recipe by Miss Annie
A wonderful chicken dish for the crockpot, and the smell is absolutely heavenly!
Top Review by moxie
How wonderful to come home to the smell of this simmering in the crockpot! The combination of flavors is just delicious. I also used chicken tenders & cooked for about 3 1/2 hours. I ended up with leftover sauce, & I mixed it into rice with a few diced apples for a wonderful fruited rice side salad that was great later in the week. Thanks, Miss Annie for another winner!!!
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup sultana
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet, and brown chicken.
- Remove chicken to the crockpot as they brown.
- Combine all other ingredients, EXCEPT flour, in skillet.
- Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover pot, turn on LOW and cook 4-6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove one cup of sauce from pot and combine with flour, mixing well.
- Return flour mixture to the pot.
- Turn pot on HIGH and cook and additional 30 minutes.