Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A wonderful chicken dish for the crockpot, and the smell is absolutely heavenly!
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup sultana
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a large skillet, and brown chicken.
- Remove chicken to the crockpot as they brown.
- Combine all other ingredients, EXCEPT flour, in skillet.
- Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover pot, turn on LOW and cook 4-6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove one cup of sauce from pot and combine with flour, mixing well.
- Return flour mixture to the pot.
- Turn pot on HIGH and cook and additional 30 minutes.
How wonderful to come home to the smell of this simmering in the crockpot! The combination of flavors is just delicious. I also used chicken tenders & cooked for about 3 1/2 hours. I ended up with leftover sauce, & I mixed it into rice with a few diced apples for a wonderful fruited rice side salad that was great later in the week. Thanks, Miss Annie for another winner!!!
Sorry Annie I must of not clicked the stars hard enough! This is a great chicken dinner! TY
Very good! The chicken was tender in a lightly flavored orange sauce, which I served over rice. I couldn't help it...I add 1/4 tsp. curry and 1/4 tsp. crushed red peppers to this as we love spicy foods! I used chicken tenders,instead of chicken with bone/skin, so it was a very low-fat meal which I will cook again. Thanks for a winner!