A variation of Cinnamon Biscuits. I was in a creative mood one morning and I liked the results!
Make and share this Orange Cinnamon Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons orange zest to milk, stir.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture with fork just until dough leaves sides of bowl, dough might be slightly sticky.
- Roll dough out, on lightly floured surface, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Brush top with butter (I prefer to use soft butter and spread it).
- Combine 1 teaspoons orange zest and sugar, stir to distribute the zest, mix in cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Roll up, starting on long side.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds, with sides just touching, in greased 9" round pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 10 minutes and drizzle with glaze, serve warm.