1/6 Photos of Orange Cinnamon Biscuits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (or very soft)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- 2Add 1-2 teaspoons orange zest to milk, stir.
- 3Stir milk mixture into flour mixture with fork just until dough leaves sides of bowl, dough might be slightly sticky.
- 4Roll dough out, on lightly floured surface, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- 5Brush top with butter (I prefer to use soft butter and spread it).
- 6Combine 1 teaspoons orange zest and sugar, stir to distribute the zest, mix in cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- 7Roll up, starting on long side.
- 8Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- 9Place rounds, with sides just touching, in greased 9" round pan.
- 10Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Remove from oven, cool for about 10 minutes and drizzle with glaze, serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cinnamon Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.6
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 654.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g