Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from 1001 Lowfat Vegetarian Recipes.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 small orange, zest of
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Saute onions until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice and orange zest to saucepan; cook over medium heat until rice is lightly browned, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water to saucepan and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was easy to make and tasted really nice. I enjoyed the orange zest and cilantro flavors. Thanks dicentra! Made for the Gardening forum-Cilantro-Herb of the Month!