Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This Caribbean-inspired dish is a hearty and well-balanced meal my family loves! The potatoes are browned perfectly in a skillet, then combined with black beans, smoked paprika, and cumin for a smoky, deep flavor. Chicken breast halves are drizzled with a citrusy-garlic and herb glaze that adds a sweet, robust Latin flavor to this dish. All this goodness in one bowl, and Simply Potatoes are the shining ingredient in this meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup any variety lemon-garlic marinade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish, if desired
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, add chicken and marinade. Seal bag; shake bag to coat chicken. Place in a bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Add red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until peppers are tender. Add black beans, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in green onion. Reduce heat to low. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken in skillet. Cook, turning once halfway through, about 15-18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. In the same skillet, add garlic, orange marmalade, orange juice, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Cook, scraping up bits on skillet, about 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Spoon potato mixture into 4 bowls or plates, dividing equally. Cut each chicken into slices. Top each serving of potato with chicken slices; drizzle with orange-cilantro glaze. Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with cilantro.