Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this by accident. I was going to make an Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake (inspired by Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake). I had 2 cake mixes on the table, an orange and a marble. I wasn't watching what I was doing and before I knew it I had dumped the yellow part of the marble mix in with the rest of the cream cheese, eggs, and ORANGE extract. Oh well. Oranges and Chocolate go great together, don't they? So I added the chocolate swir; and baked it. I glazed with softened canned chocolate frosting but any chocolate or orange glaze would probably be good too.
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge marble cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 (12 ounce) container chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients in mixer bowl except chocolate packet from cake mix.
- Mix with electric mixer on low until all combined, about 1 minute.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Batter will be relatively thick.
- Remove 1 cup of batter to a separate bowl. Mix in contents of chocolate packet from cake mix. Set aside.
- Pour remaining batter (not chocolate) into prepared pan.
- Pour chocolate batter on top and swirl into orange batter with an knife.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan then on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- When cake is cool, remove lid and foil packaging from chocolate frosting.
- Microwave on hight at 10 second intervals until it is a pourable consistency. Be careful not to microwave it too long or it will be too runny.
- Pour over top of cake and serve.