Recipe by mliss29
I think I took someone's chocolate pie and added orange to it. Eventually I'll add orange to just about any chocolate recipe. Can use an 8 oz. carton of Cool Whip instead of the real whipped cream. For the crust, mix 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs with 4 Tablespoons melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Top Review by stingo
What a delightful and easy to make recipe! The idea of pairing orange and chocolate intrigued me, so I had to try it. It is well named as both tastes vie for your palate's attention. Wonderful savory and tart orange plays off well against the mellowly sweet chocolate, making this a very pleasing way to round out a meal. Absolutely recommended. I should add I took note of the already extant reviews, and chose a graham cracker crust, since I was looking for a more intense orange flavor.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and milk on high for 1-2 minutes, checking and stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Beat in cream cheese and orange zest until smooth.
- Let cool.
- Whip cream until stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Chill. (Can be frozen but you'll have to give it time to defrost so you can cut it.).