Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Orange juice concentrate replaces part of the milk in the muffins, giving them extra flavor.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- to taste frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (optional)
- Grease twenty-four 2-1/2" muffin cups or line the cups with paper bake cups.
- Set the muffin pans aside. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, oil, thawed orange juice concentrate, and orange peel.
- Add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans; serve warm.
- If desired, brush muffin tops with a little orange juice concentrate.
Made these muffins for Recipezaar's Muffin Day and they were tasty! Lot's of orange flavor and the chocolate chips are a bonus! You are right, they must be eaten warm. The muffins get to firm if they are served cold. Thank's Dancer^!