Recipe by Dancer^
Orange juice concentrate replaces part of the milk in the muffins, giving them extra flavor.
Top Review by RecipeNut
Made these muffins for Recipezaar's Muffin Day and they were tasty! Lot's of orange flavor and the chocolate chips are a bonus! You are right, they must be eaten warm. The muffins get to firm if they are served cold. Thank's Dancer^!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely shredded
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- to taste frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease twenty-four 2-1/2" muffin cups or line the cups with paper bake cups.
- Set the muffin pans aside. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, oil, thawed orange juice concentrate, and orange peel.
- Add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans; serve warm.
- If desired, brush muffin tops with a little orange juice concentrate.