Recipe by sugarrushkid
From 'Ready Steady Cook 4'. The recipe was created by Ainsley Harriott. ISBN 0-563-38362-3
- 175 g chocolate
- 5 amaretti
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 600 ml double cream
- 90 ml white wine
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 100 g icing sugar
- 10 cape gooseberries
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave on a medium setting, for approximately 3 minutes. Check the chocolate after 2 minutes, to ensure that it does not overcook.
- Dip 3 of the amaretti in the chocolate and then roll them in 3tbsps of the dessicated coconut.Set to one side, on baking parchment.
- To make the chocolate truffle mousse, whip the cream to soft peaks and then fold in the remaining melted chocolate, with a metal spoon. Then fold in 2 crushed amaretti biscuits.
- For the sauce, mix together the wine, sugar and orange zest and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, hazelnuts and 2tbsps of coconut. Cook for a further 3-4 inutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Mix the icing sugar with 3-4tbsps of water: the mixture should be of a fairly thick consistency. Dip the physalis into the icing sugar and stand on making parchment to set.
- To serve, arrange the orange slices in the base of a wide bowl. Pipe or spoon the chocolate truffle mousse over the oranges and in the centre. Spoon over the sauce and decorate the dish with the physalis and dipped amaretti biscuits. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.