Recipe by grandma2969
Got this recipe from a friend at work. I have not personally tried to make it myself, but have tasted the ones she brought to work. The orange and chocolate work well together..
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips in bowl.set aside.
- Bring cream and orange peel to gentle boil.immediately pour over chips.let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk until smooth, add extract.
- Cover and chill 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat for 10-15 seconds or just until mixture lightens in color.
- DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- Gently shape into balls, roll half of the balls in pecans.
- In a microwave or double boiler.
- Melt chocolate for coating and shortening.
- Dip remaining balls in chocolate.