1/2 Photos of Orange Chocolate Marble Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting
Fruit and chocolate together...yum! This is a beautiful, outstanding cake that is fairly easy to make and the results are smashing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Orange Buttercream Frosting
- 1Grease and flour two 9 inch layer pans.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer.
- 3Blend in orange rind and eggs.
- 4Sift flour, salt and powder together and add alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 5Pour about 2/3 of batter into prepared pans.
- 6Combine melted chocolate, baking soda and water and blend into remaining cake batter.
- 7Spoon chocolate batter here and there over orange batter and cut through with spatula or knife to make a marbled effect.
- 8Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 9Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
- 10Fill and frost with Orange Buttercream Frosting.
- 11Decorate with mandarin oranges.
- 12Orange Buttercream Frosting: Blend butter and egg yolk at low speed in a large bowl.
- 13Gradually beat in sugar alternately with orange juice.
- 14Beat in orange rind.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chocolate Marble Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.9
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 729.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 100.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g