Recipe by Twotails
useful as a filling, a frosting, or a glaze. once refrigerated its the consistancy of peanut butter, it can be whipped also. it should be noted that adjusting the amount of chocolate to cream will produce a firmer, or softer ganache. if you dont like orange, leave it out or experiment with other flavours.
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate (or 12oz bitter sweet chocolate)
- 314.66 ml heavy cream (roughly 10.6oz)
- 14.79 ml orange zest (finely ground, about one whole orange)
- 14.79 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest orange with a microplane, add to heavy cream and place it into the sauce pan.
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring constantly untill it comes to a boil. take off heat.
- add hot cream to chocolate in a medium bowl, stirring untill all chocolate has melted, add butter at once, and stir untill melted.
- chill untill thickened to spread on cakes, brownies, or cupcakes. pour over cakes or dip cupcakes while still liquid. chill untill firm.