useful as a filling, a frosting, or a glaze. once refrigerated its the consistancy of peanut butter, it can be whipped also. it should be noted that adjusting the amount of chocolate to cream will produce a firmer, or softer ganache. if you dont like orange, leave it out or experiment with other flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest orange with a microplane, add to heavy cream and place it into the sauce pan.
- 2Heat the cream in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring constantly untill it comes to a boil. take off heat.
- 3add hot cream to chocolate in a medium bowl, stirring untill all chocolate has melted, add butter at once, and stir untill melted.
- 4chill untill thickened to spread on cakes, brownies, or cupcakes. pour over cakes or dip cupcakes while still liquid. chill untill firm.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Chocolate Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2838.0
- Calories from Fat 2080
- Total Fat 231.1 g
- Saturated Fat 140.8 g
- Cholesterol 465.1 mg
- Sodium 259.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 186.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g