Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Orange and chocolate are two popular flavors that combine to make a delicious candy. Deliciossso!!!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In 3-quart saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice.
- Put over medium heat. Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook syrup without stirring until temperature reaches 234 degrees or the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until well blended. Stir in orange peel and walnuts.
- Spread in a foil-lined baking pan. Chill until set.
- Turn out of pan, peel off foil, cut candy in squares or bars.
- Store covered, in cool dry place.