1/2 Photos of Orange & Chocolate Fantasy Bar
Baby Kato's Note:
My family and friends always ask for this recipe, its quick, easy and they taste great, the down side, is that you won't be able to eat just one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces boxed chocolate cake mix
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted, coarsley chopped (may sub with macadamia or almonds)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, eagle brand
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 3Combine cake mix, hot chocolate mix, oil, egg and vanilla.
- 4Blend on medium speed for 2 - 3 minutes until crumbly.
- 5Add in the roasted hazelnuts and stir well.
- 6Reserve 1 1/2 cups of cake mixture.
- 7Press the remaining cake mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 8In a small pan, combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips and salt, cooking over medium heat until the chocolate chips melt.
- 9Once the chocolate has melted, remove the pan from heat and add the orange extract and orange rind.
- 10Stir well and pour over the prepared crust and top with the reserved cake mixture.
- 11Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 12Cool and cut into bars and store at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange & Chocolate Fantasy Bar
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 468.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g