Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the cookbook I received from my sweet friend, "A Chocolate Christmas" This is another great cookie recipe for the holiday cookie trays and has a unique flavor with the orange juice. I hope you enjoy them too.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter.
- Gradually add the brown sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, orange zest and orange juice, and mix until smooth.
- Add baking mix and mix well.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chops.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet after 5 minutes to wire racks to cool completely.
These cookies make happy faces on everyone who tries them. They are yummy and sunny tasting with the orange. I got 18 but then I also got bigger cookies :D. Used Splenda brown for the sugar and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips but otherwise they were made as directed. As my over runs on the hot side I lowered the temp to 360 and baked for the full 10 mins. They came out gorgeous with a nice little crispness just around the outside bottoms, soft and almost fluffy on the inside. Houston, we have a keeper. :D