Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Here's a favorite shortbread recipe, prepared in the traditional pan method. I've ramped them up a bit by adding orange zest, mini chocolate chips, and cranberries! We tried several combinations one day, and this was the standout!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar vanilla and orange zest until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Then add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Divide the dough until two pieces. Press them evenly into 2- 8 inch round cake pans. Bake for 11-12 minutes—until golden around the edges.
- With a small sharp knife, score the shortbread into 8 wedges per pan.
- Allow to cool in the pans another 10 minutes. Then flip out of the pans the gently separate in to wedges.