Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
Orange and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Food Network's, Giada De Laurentiis, made something like this during one of her shows, and it gave me the idea to make my own version. I tested it out on my friends, and they loved it. I hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I, too, am a sucker for a chocolate/orange combo, so this recipe really attracted my attention! So easy to make these WONDERFUL TASTIES! I did, of course, use a BIT more zest than called for, but then . . . Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #29]
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased cookie pan (with raised sides), press and spread cookie dough into an even layer (Note: Intermittently dusting your hands with flour while pressing/spreading the dough will prevent the dough from sticking to your hands).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done or top of dough is no longer shiny.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over cookie or spread evenly if desired.
- Sprinkle orange zest over surface of chocolate.
- Once chocolate has cooled, cut into 2-inch squares and serve.