Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a variation on a Mrs. Fields recipe. My Brit husband claims they taste like Terry's Chocolate Orange cookies.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh, grated orange rind
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 ounces premium quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and grated orange rind.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add melted margarine and beat well to combine.
- Add eggs, orange extract and orange juice, and beat well.
- Add flour mixture, blending just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoons onto foil lined cookie sheets, 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Chocolate-orange has to be the best flavour combination there is! These cookies had my entire family going, "Yum!" and even the poor dog tried to get in on the munching. My only changes were to use real butter instead of margarine, and chill the dough before baking. A permanent addition to my recipe collection; thanks Mirjam!
this is a great combination. i did make these using butter and i bought a premium quality milk chocolate chip. i was feeling lazy and decided to try it with the chips so i didn't have to chop the chocolate. my boys prefer the terry milk chocolate orange, so that is why i chose the milk chocolate chips.try these, you will love them-my cookie jar is empty!
Oh my this is some cookie!! I love it!! I used butter instead of margarine, but otherwise followed the recipe .. thank you Mirjam, this is my new favourite cookie recipe!!